The Town of Ogunquit is accepting bids to provide cleaning and sanitation services for six (6) public restroom buildings located throughout the town. Each facility is open to the public from 6am to 10pm daily. The contract will run nineteen (19) weeks, seven (7) days a week during the contract period. A facility inventory and cleaning schedule is set forth below. Time of first cleaning will be set by the Town and subsequent cleaning times may vary after the initial start time.
- Main Beach Bathhouse & Restrooms (1350 sf, 32 stalls, 8 sinks)
- North Beach Bathhouse & Restrooms (640 sf, 9 stalls, 4 sinks)
- Footbridge Bathhouse & Restrooms (216 sf, 7 stalls, 3 sinks)
- Perkins Cove Restrooms (576 sf, 7 stalls, 3 sinks)
- Jacobs Lot Restrooms (480 sf, 8 stalls, 4 sinks)
- Dunaway Community Center Restrooms (432 sf, 6 stalls, 4 sinks)
INSPECTIONS: Three (3) cleanings per day [May 7,2022 – September 10,2022]
- The Town of Ogunquit, known as the "Beautiful Place by the Sea", desires its public restroom facilities to be sparkling clean in so much as possible at all times. Attention to detail, constant vigilance, thorough sanitization and high standards of cleanliness are a must!
- Each restroom facility will be inspected and cleaned by cleaning services personnel in accordance with the schedule noted above per conditions set forth herein.
- Inspections will consist of observations using a checklist (to be developed by the town) in which the condition of all fixtures and surfaces prior to cleaning shall be noted. Copies of such inspections (with dates and times) shall be furnished to the Town with invoices for payment. In the event of broken fixtures, damage to facilities or electrical problems, the vendor shall immediately notify the Town.
- Complete cleanings will consist of chemical washing of all surfaces using solutions provided by the Town as follows: (a) disinfectant shall be used on toilets, urinals, partitions, and trash receptacles, (b) specialized cleaner shall be used on glass and chrome, (c) disinfectant shall be used on sinks, counters and dispensers, (d) floors and walls shall be scrubbed and mopped with a specialized cleaner/disinfectant. In so much as possible, all surfaces shall be wiped, dried (or squeegeed) and spot free before cleaning services depart the site. The cleaning company will furnish a point of contact person who will be available for emergencies during the life of the contract period.
- As-needed cleanings will consist of immediate corrections to unsafe, unsanitary or dirty conditions, including, but not limited to: unsightly messes, graffiti, clogged plumbing, dust accumulations, missing paper products, empty (or near empty) soap dispensers. In the event of broken fixtures or electrical problems, the vendor shall promptly notify the Town.
- The cleaning service shall at all times act in a professional manner. Work will be performed with diligence so as to minimize inconveniences to the public.
- Town of Ogunquit will provide all paper products, liquid soap for cleaning services personnel. The Town shall also provide mops, brooms, plungers, water, electricity and storage space for the vendor to use as needed. The Town shall keep all cleaning closets stocked with all materials needed. The Town shall provide all cleaning solutions along with Material Data Safety Sheets. Any shortages of these items should be promptly reported to the Town.
- The vendor shall be responsible for all training of employees and transportation of employees. The selected vendor will be required to carry general liability and workers' compensation insurance in such amounts as may be acceptable to the Town and to furnish certificates thereof. Such insurance must be in full effect for the duration of the contract. In addition, the vendor shall be required to indemnify and hold the Town harmless from any liability associated with the cleaning services. To the extent allowed by law, the vendor shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Town, its officers and employees, from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses, just or unjust, including but not limited to costs of defense and attorneys' fees arising out of or resulting from the performance of a contractual agreement, provided that any such claim, damage, loss or expense (1) is attributable to bodily injury, sickness, disease, or death, or to injury to or destruction of tangible property, including the loss of use there from, and (2) is caused in whole or in part by any negligent act or omission of the vendor, anyone directly or indirectly employed by it, or anyone for whose act it may be liable.
- The selected vendor, for itself, its employees and agents, shall not be allowed to conduct any form of advertising or solicitation while on Town property, notwithstanding the use of safety signs, uniforms or company vehicles with affixed logos.
- Payments by the Town for services rendered shall be within 30 days upon invoice, whereby the vendor shall bill the Town on or about the 15th of the month for work performed during the preceding month.
- The Town reserves the right to not use the lowest bidder. This contract shall be for one season only. Upon unsuccessful compliance of any type with this agreement the Town reserves the right to terminate the contract at any time.
- Bids must be submitted on the attached bid sheet in sealed envelopes clearly marked
“SEALED BID”-PUBLIC RESTROOM CLEAING SERVICES. To the Town Manager, PO Box 875, Ogunquit, ME 03907. Bids must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at which time they shall be publicly opened. Faxed bids will not be accepted.
- Before submitting a bid, vendors shall carefully examine the specifications and fully inform themselves as to existing conditions and limitations under which the work will be performed. For additional information, interested parties may contact Tom Torno Public Works Director or Anthony Musto Deputy Public Works Director at 207 361 8583.
c. The Town of Ogunquit reserves the right to accept and/or reject any or all bids received or accept any bids or parts thereof should it be deemed in the best interest of the Town to do so. The Town of Ogunquit reserves the right to waive any formalities in the bid procedure.
- The successful bidder will be awarded a one-year contract beginning May 7, 2022 until September 10, 2022 in accordance with the bid specifications herein (of the Town) and the bid amounts (of the Vendor). A contract agreement shall be entered that is mutually acceptable to both parties.
- Bidders must attach a copy of their insurance certificate. Bidders must also supply two commercial account references with contact information.
RESTROOM CLEANING SERVICES BID FORM
(Name & title of bidder/company contact person)
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds