Attention Academy graduates - The Town of Orono will offer a $10,000 signing bonus, paid in equal installments over five years, to a successful candidate who has the MCJA/BLETP certification.
The Orono Police Department, a progressive and innovative law enforcement agency, is looking for motivated police officers interested in building a culture and philosophy that prides itself on community service, providing unparalleled leadership, education, and involvement. The Town of Orono is a vibrant, diverse community, home to the flagship campus of The University of Maine. Patrol Officers:
- Patrols the community in a vehicle or on foot to prevent or detect criminal behavior, maintain order, and observe public safety conditions and circumstances in the Town of Orono.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service, involving both criminal and non-criminal matters.
- Enforces traffic laws by stopping motorists and issuing citations or warnings as appropriate; enforces parking regulations.
- Investigates crimes, incidents, traffic crashes, alarms, and suspicious activity or circumstances.
- Locates, preserves, collects, and processes physical evidence; takes photographs; dusts for fingerprints; makes sketches and diagrams; maintains chain of custody.
- Identifies, locates and interviews victims, complainants, witnesses, and suspects; conducts custodial interrogations of arrested persons in accordance with constitutional rights.
- Pursues, apprehends, and makes arrests using only the amount of force reasonably necessary under the circumstances; executes warrants, serves legal papers, issues summonses and warnings
- Prepares and submits written reports and forms completely and concisely in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Testifies in court and other hearings.
- Identifies problems and issues in the community and works with neighborhood groups, organizations, and individuals to address these concerns in order to improve the quality of life in the community.
- Conducts themselves personally and professionally in a manner that demonstrates the highest degree of integrity, doing so with respect, compassion, and vigilance.
- Contributes to a productive work environment and positive relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and other town employees
Resume review will begin on 02/01/2022 and continue until the position is filled. More information and the application process can be found at the Town's website.
The Town of Orono is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds