Franklin County is looking to fill the position of full-time Dispatcher at the Franklin County Regional Communications Center in Farmington, ME. Under the supervision of the Dispatch Supervisor, this position is responsible for manning the Franklin County public safety communication center, including responding to a wide variety of normal and emergency calls and performing appropriate record keeping, filing, and report preparation.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to learn the principles involved in the operation of radio, telephone, computer, and related communications equipment.
- Ability to learn local and state laws and ordinances as required.
- Knowledge of the County’s geographic areas.
- Ability to assimilate a multitude of unrelated information and activities at once and identify possible emergency contingencies.
- Ability to detect the scope and magnitude of an emergency and to think and act quickly, calmly, and accurately.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Maintain required records and perform limited typing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
This position offers a competitve benefits package including health insurance, short-term disability, retirement plans, and paid time off.
To apply for this position, please visit Employment - Franklin County, Maine (franklincountymaine.gov) The deadline to apply is March 25, 2022.
Franklin County is an equal employment opportunity employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds