Job Title: Part-Time Cook
Department: Sheriff’s Office – Corrections
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)
Date: March 8, 2022
Pay Scale: $16.91-$20.36
POSTING DATE: March 8, 2022
CLOSING DATE: March 22, 2022
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be found at: https://www.penobscot-county.net/employment or the Human Relations department located on the 1st floor of the County Administration Building, 97 Hammond Street, Bangor
Completed application must be submitted to:
Attn: Human Relations
97 Hammond Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Under the direction of the Kitchen Supervisor this position prepares, bakes and cooks food for the Penobscot County Jail; maintains food inventory and storage; maintains sanitary working conditions; provides direction to institution workers. This position will work most Saturdays and help fill vacancies as needed.
- Supervises and conducts food preparation
- Monitors Trustees in the kitchen sanitation process
- Monitors food temperatures and portion control
- Follows standard recipes
- Uses correct diets (i.e. calorie count) and record them accordingly
- Follows instructions from Cook supervisor
- Maintain a clean/safe environment for self as well as other co-workers by following Federal and State procedures.
High School diploma or equivalent required, successfully pass pre-employment background checks to include personal, criminal, and motor vehicle and valid driver’s license. Cooking experience with knowledge of commercial sized kitchen equipment, sanitation practices, special diet certifications and institutional food preparation techniques preferred. Ability to work in a team setting with commitment to high level of customer service is required. Corrections certification is preferred.
Penobscot County is an EEOC employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds