Title: Full time Supervisor, Pool Department
Reports To: Pool Director & Assistant Pool Director
Hours: 40 hours per week; must be flexible and able to work all shifts (opening, closing, weekends, on-call). Weekly shift could change depending on staffing needs.
Certifications & qualities
- Current Lifeguard Training & First Aid Certification
- Current CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Certification
- People skills
- Swim lesson instruction experience
- Problem solver
- Positive attitude
- Works well with co-workers; team work
Responsible for the safety, operation, and promotion of the Lura E. Hoit Memorial Pool. Primary responsibilities include Lifeguarding and swim lesson instruction, supervision of staff, maintaining a safe environment, assuring compliance with State and Local Regulations, and proper maintenance of the facility. The Supervisor will assist in the promotion of pool use by area residents. Through leadership and example, promote a pleasant and enjoyable environment for users of the Pool.
The Supervisor shall:
1. Participate with the Pool Director/Assistant Pool Director in the supervision of part-time help.
2. Ensure that safety is a high priority.
3. Be a promoter and public relations agent for the Town in selling membership and utilization of the Pool.
4. Report on any problems or injuries that occur within the facility where appropriate.
5. Maintain a list of detailed day-to-day responsibilities.
6. Evaluate swim lessons and help train staff to teach swim lessons
7. Lifeguard and teach swim lessons as needed
- Recognize and minimize or eliminate hazards in the pool area and facility.
- Follow all safety precautions and read all directions and labels for taking regular pool chemical tests and maintain staff safety procedures; ensure staff does the same.
- Knowledge in the utilization of all chemicals, and use of the Cat controller.
- Be familiar with the operation of equipment such as, pumps, strainer baskets, chemical controls and other filter system components.
- Know how to read all filter room gauges.
- Follow all safety precautions when performing assigned filter room maintenance
- Knowledge in the utilization and proper care of the automated pool vacuum.
- Know procedures to follow and who to call for any chemical or mechanical problems that may arise.
- Document daily operations, interactions etc. in the pool supervisor book.
- Know Emergency Action Plans and respond quickly and calmly.
- Communicate effectively with other staff during emergency situations.
- Follow and ensure that other staff follows procedures listed in the Emergency Action Plan for personal and victim safety.
- Report all accidents and unusual occurrences to the Pool Director where appropriate, as soon as possible; advise staff to do the same.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds