The Town of Lisbon Public Works Department has an opening for an experienced mechanic. This position requires a highly skilled candidate, journeyman level in the repair and maintenance of gasoline and diesel driven automobile and heavy construction equipment. The ideal candidate would be a graduate of a Vocational Technical Institute with applicable ASE certifications, supplemented by specialized automotive or heavy equipment repair training including welding and fabrication experience.
Special Requirements Include:
- Current possession of a Maine State Class “B” CDL.
- Maine State Inspection license Class A, and D, (if you do not have one you will be required to get this within the first 6 months of employment and we will send you to this training.)
- Experience with computerized diagnostic instruments as well as maintaining all inventory and maintenance records.
- Municipal Plowing and heavy equipment operation experience preferred.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check and physical, including substance testing required.
Normal Schedule in the spring/summer/ early fall is Monday-Thursday 6am-4:30pm. Late fall and winter schedule is Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm, unless you are needed for a snowstorm or repair emergency.
The position offers an EXCELLENT benefits package, including options for Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Retirement plans, paid vacation, sick time, and 12 Holidays.
Starting pay range for this position is $21.57 ~, depending on experience.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Employment applications are available at the Town Manager’s Office, 300 Lisbon Street, Lisbon Maine, or at www.lisbonme.org. Applicants will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
Please forward completed employment applications to:
300 Lisbon Street
Lisbon, ME 04250
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds