The Town of Lisbon is currently accepting applications for the position of Sewer Department, Operations Manager. The individual will perform and supervise a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled work associated with the operation, maintenance, and repair of wastewater treatment equipment and facilities under the direction of the Superintendent.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of proper operational and process control procedures in the wastewater treatment plant, and collection system.
• Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary in the operation of trucks and equipment.
• Considerable knowledge of and will oversee the analysis of wastewater and biosolids sample collection and analysis
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions as well as direct other workers.
• State of Maine Grade IV-B Wastewater Operator’s License or the ability to attain within six months of hire.
• State of Maine Class B Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement to operate Treatment Plant specific equipment or the ability to attain within one year of hire.
• Ability to attain a Grade III or higher certification in the Voluntary Collection Systems Operator Certification Program.
• Ability to attain the Grade II Voluntary Laboratory Analyst Certification.
Normal working hours are 6:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday thru Thursday from April to November and 6:30 am to 3:00 pm Monday thru Friday from November to April. This position will be in the on-call rotation for 1 week per month at a minimum.
This is a full-time hourly position and pays start from $23.46/hr to $33.36/hr, depending on education, training, experience, certifications
The Town of Lisbon offers an excellent benefits package; which includes paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, optional life, dental, vision, and income protection insurance, and a choice of retirement plans. Full job descriptions and applications can be found at https://www.lisbonme.org/home/pages/jobs.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications can be found online at www.lisbonme.org or the Lisbon Town Office.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application
Human Resources Director
Town of Lisbon
300 Lisbon Street
Lisbon, ME 04250
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Lisbon is an equal opportunity employer. The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds