Request for Bids
Mini-Split Heat Pump System
The Town of Tremont is accepting bids for a Mini-Split Heat Pump System at the Town Office.
Instructions to Bidders
- Interested bidders should send a completed Bid Form, to Town Manager Jesse Dunbar using the email address email@example.com prior to 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, at which time they will be publicly read. Bids received after that time will be considered only at the pleasure of the Select Board.
- The Select Board expects to announce its decision within 30 days after bids are received. The Town will be the sole judge of the acceptability of the bids, and may reject any or all bids or waive any informalities or defects in bids if it is judged to be in the Town's best interest.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective bidder to examine the bid specifications to ensure that he/she fully understands the bid requirements. Any questions regarding the bid should be directed to Town Manager Jesse Dunbar at (207) 244-7204 well before the bid opening. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Any errors or omissions detected by prospective bidders should be brought to the attention of the Town Manager well before the bid opening.
- The entire unit and all equipment must be thoroughly inspected, serviced and ready for use upon installation at the Town Office at the time stated on the bid. All work performed must meet established industry standards of quality and be acceptable to the Town Manager.
- Alternate specifications will be considered, subject to Town approval. Any alternate specifications proposed must be shown on the Bid Form under “Exceptions and Comments”, and a complete manufacturer’s description must be attached to the bid.
- Any unacceptable work must be corrected before the Town will issue payment on the work performed. Once accepted by the Town, payment will be made within thirty (30) days of receipt of invoice
- The bid award will be based on the following criteria, not necessarily in the order listed:
- Quality and performance of equipment,
- Installation Date, and
- Contractor agrees to maintain Commercial General Liability insurance with a limit of not less than $1,000,000 for bodily injury and property damage claims which arise from operations under this contract. Contractor agrees to name the Town as an additional insured for Property and Casualty, Motor Vehicle, and Workers Compensation Coverage. Contractor agrees to maintain Business Auto Liability insurance with a Combined Single Limit of not less than $1,000,000. Contractor agrees to maintain Workers Compensation coverage per Maine State Statute and Employers Liability with aggregate limits of not less than $500,000. The contractor will require of their insurance company(ies) that should any of the limits be changed or coverages be cancelled on the above mentioned policies, the contractor’s insurance carrier(s) will notify the Town in writing 30 days in advance. The Contractor will provide to the Town a Certificate of Insurance evidencing the above mentioned coverages before the project begins and upon subsequent renewals for a period not less than two years after the project is completed. The Contractor is responsible for all subcontractors and will require the subcontractors meet the insurance requirements.
Bid Specifications can be found at the link below
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds