BATH WATER DISTRICT
TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
Salary Range: Grade 6 (Starting pay based on experience)
General Description: The duties of the Treatment Plant Operator shall consist of the daily operation, repair, supervision and maintenance of the District’s 4MGD water treatment facility.
Qualifications: The Treatment Plant Operator must have the following credentials and qualifications:
- A two (2) or four (4) year degree in a science or technical background;
- Good oral and written skills;
- Must be in good health; having the ability to perform heavy manual labor-lift 60 pounds to shoulder height;
- A valid State of Maine Class “C” drivers license;
- Have two (2) years of water industry experience or related education;
- State of Maine Class IV-Plant operators license or have the ability to obtain one within three (3) years of hire date;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with associates and the public;
- Ability to understand computerized controls, radio telemetry, electrical, and mechanical systems;
- Ability to perform all safety requirements, including confined space entry program;
- Ability to work weekends if necessary and to be on-call for emergencies on a rotating basis;
- Successfully demonstrate the ability to operate and maintain a water treatment plant and related facilities.
Duties: Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operate, repair and maintain chemical feed systems, Mircrofloc® filtration equipment, treatment control systems, HVAC systems, monitoring equipment and related support processes;
- Observe, monitor and interpret instrumentation including but not limited to chemical analyzers and system computers to monitor plant performance. This requires the understanding and interpretation of computer generated data;
- Maintain accurate records of plant activities; including water quality information, both raw and finished, maintenance records, compliance reports, etc. Records of regular reports and critical observation should be conveyed to the chief operator;
- Operation and maintenance of pumps, compressors and other plant support systems;
Bath Water District
Treatment Plant Operator
- Assistance in control and monitoring of treatment plant inventory;
- Conduct routine and non-routine maintenance of building, grounds and other external facilities;
- Respond to emergencies and alarms during non working, “on-call” hours within 20 minutes;
- Assure that safety procedures are followed. Any violation of safety policy are to be reported to the chief operator; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision and Guidance: The Treatment Plant Operator reports to the Chief Operator. The Treatment Plant Operator may be required to give guidance to other employees as needed.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Nathan Bodge 1 Lambard St. Bath Maine, 04350 or by email to email@example.com
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds