The Ogunquit Sewer District is seeking a Part-Time Office Manager (30+ hours per week) who will perform a variety of administrative, clerical, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and customer service work to support the overall operations of the district. The position involves a small range of bookkeeping and related processes and includes the use of computer hardware and software. This position follows established procedures and regulations but must also exercise judgment and initiative. The work also involves interaction with the rate-paying public.
The successful candidate must have a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience, excellent customer service, communication & organizational skills, and can work well independently.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greets and serves customers in person, over the phone, and via e-mail
- Prepares, mails, and maintains billing records for sewer user fee accounts.
- Prepares and maintains accounts receivable & payable records.
- Performs clerical functions such as filing, word processing, and preparing spreadsheets.
- Periodically reviews account records and other documentation to balance accounts and to identify delinquent accounts for further action.
- Meets with the public to provide information, address questions/concerns, and handles complaints relative to the district.
- Enters and maintains data in the district’s computerized systems and customer account data bases.
- Prepares reports for management.
- Prepares and files liens & foreclosures in accordance with district regulations and policies.
- Prepares and posts meeting & hearing notifications in compliance with legal deadline requirements.
- Prepares various board meeting agendas and packets.
- Maintains employee personnel records.
- Manages employee benefits, and district insurance policies.
- Must get along with others and work in a professional manner.
- Maintains regular, predictable, and reliable attendance.
- Maintains excellent communication and fosters a collaborative working environment with all departments as well as with the public.
- Places an emphasis on safety, efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Follows all district policies.
- Performs related work as required.
The Ogunquit Sewer District offers an excellent benefit package including generous paid time off and an excellent work environment.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Betsy Oulton, Human Resources Director
PO Box 934
Ogunquit, ME 03907
Position open until filled
The Ogunquit Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds