The Community Services Department is seeking a full-time Intergenerational Program Coordinator to join our team. The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising participants within the Community Services programs. Duties also include staff supervision and direction, program administration and policy enforcement, and programming and implementation of a varied schedule of child care, recreational and 55+ activities. Strong communication skills are essential and the ability to build relationships with parents, children, participants and the public.
Position requirements: Must be at least 21 years of age. Experience, training, and/or education in recreation/leisure or child care programs.
- Ability to understand and express instructions and ideas clearly, both written and oral.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and direct recreation programs.
- Working knowledge of the developmental needs of and appropriate planning for program participants.
- Working knowledge of computers and relevant software.
- Valid Maine driver’s license and transportation.
- Current First Aid, CPR and Water Safety certified (or ability to be certified).
- Certified Parks & Recreational Professional Certification (or willingness and ability to obtain)
- College degree or college credits in early childhood education, child development, child care administration, behavioral sciences or a closely related field preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, knowledge, skills and training may also be considered at the Town’s discretion.
The Town of Scarborough offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package. Starting Salary Range: $51,022 - $54,308.
SCS Employee Highlights
- Starting Salary $51,022 - $54,308
- 12+ Vacation Days
- 2 Personal Days
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Ability for OT & Earned Time
- Great Medical & Dental Insurance
- 3 Retirement Options
- Wellness Program
- Employee Program Discounts & Priority
- Season Beach Pass
All job applicants are required to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/townofscarborough/onlineapp/
Applications must be received by Sunday, October 9, 2022. For additional information call 207.730.4025 or email email@example.com.
-Equal Opportunity Employer-
Scarborough is a diverse community with a commitment to the quality of life and the environment. Scarborough offers lovely sandy beaches and the rocky coastline made famous by a local artist, Winslow Homer. The largest saltwater marsh in Maine is located within our boundaries along with Rachel Carson Wildlife lands. We also have a balance with our commercial businesses. The newest area for businesses to locate in Scarborough is along the Haigis Parkway, located right at Exit 42 of the Maine Turnpike. We are a suburban community that offers open spaces, parks and recreational areas for our residents and visitors.
Scarborough is conveniently located in Cumberland County in southern Maine, approximately 7 miles south of the City of Portland. It is just a short drive to Portland and the Maine Mall with easy access to the Maine Turnpike, Portland Jetport and now passenger rail service to Boston and points south. The Scarborough Town Hall is located at 259 U.S. Route 1, just south of the junction of Rt. 1 and Black Point Road/Gorham Road.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds