CUSTODIAN– FACILITIES DEPARTMENT
Picturesque Cumberland County is the State’s most populous county having a population of 289,977. Its largest city is Portland and the county geographically extends from Casco Bay to the Lakes Region. Cumberland County has the second largest body of water in the state, Sebago Lake, which provides numerous recreational opportunities. The County is the economic and industrial center of the state, having a strong corporate presence of major domestic and international companies. The County has over 350 dedicated employees, all focused on providing the best customer service to the County residents. Cumberland County is represented by five elected county commissioners and the county manager runs the daily operations.
JOB PURPOSE: Maintains Cumberland County Courthouse and other County buildings in the area by providing housekeeping services during afternoon and evening hours.
KEY EXPECTED RESULTS:
- Maintains building interior by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors, and fixtures.
- Maintains building by sweeping and mopping floors, corridors, halls, and stairways.
- Maintains lavatories by cleaning wash bowls, drinking fountains, toilets, and restroom floors.
- Maintains floors by stripping, refinishing, and buffing as required.
- Maintains carpets by vacuuming and spot cleaning as required.
- Removes trash by emptying trash containers; transporting materials to disposal area; recycling materials.
- Maintains lavatories by replenishing toilet tissue, paper towels, soap, etc.
- Keeps cleaning equipment operational by following manufacturer’s operating and care guidelines, completing operator repairs and parts replacements.
- Maintains areas by moving furniture as required.
- Ensures building security by locking and serving building before leaving.
- Maintains safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the county’s safety policies and practices by attending required safety programs; reporting all accidents and suspected safety hazards to supervisor.
- Fulfills job function by participating as an active member in training; participating on county task forces and performing other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to contribute with snow operations which includes shoveling, snow blowing, and treatment of walkways.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Capable of lifting/handling supplies and equipment up to 25 lbs.
- All new hires shall provide documentation to HR that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before they are cleared to start work.
Cumberland County offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and is proud of its talented and dedicated workforce. Come join our team and culture of engaged employees. Our strong management team is dedicated to providing employees with inspiring leadership, a positive and friendly workplace, support, encouragement and the necessary tools for success. We offer tuition reimbursement, wellness program, and professional development and training opportunities.
The position is a 40-hour a week position, with a full benefits package. Pay commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until the position is filled. To download an employment application, please visit www.cumberlandcounty.org/Jobs.
Interested applicants please submit an Employment Application via mail, fax, or email to:
Human Resource Department
142 Federal Street, Suite 110
Portland, Maine 04101
Cumberland County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds