Paris Fire is seeking the highest quality personnel for day time staffing to ensure our continued level of professional services that our community is familiar with and expects. The following is a partial list of criteria for potential candidates and should be noted as a work in progress and will most likely require revision from local entities and stakeholders.
Candidates seeking to apply for these positions shall at minimum:
- Have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Shall be at least of 21 years of age.
- Successful completion of a State of Maine certified EVOC class.
- Satisfactorily complete a back ground check.
- Participate in and successfully pass a physical as determined by S.O.G.S, including pulmonary fit test.
- Provide proof of successful completion of FF 1 level at a minimum, as outlined by Jones and Bartlett of Standards for interior firefighter.
- Provide evidence of First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Provide evidence of a current state level Haz Mat operations or higher certification.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of ICS and certificate of completion at the 200 level
- Create a personal plan outlining a continuing education strategy as related to emergency services.
- Knowledge of and the ability to operate all equipment in Paris Fire Departments inventory.
- Provide proof of a Pumps One certificate at a minimum or be willing to submit in writing a timeline with clearly defined benchmarks in which said applicant will successfully ascertain Pumps One.
Nature of Work:
This is skilled work involving the rendering of fire suppression and emergency rescue services within the community. The employee in this position must continue to receive the training and education required to remain certified.
This is an hourly position Monday – Friday, ____Am --- ______Pm
$ 20.00 per hour plus Town Benefits
Day to Day Operations: Chief of Department / Officer of the day
Fire Ground Operations: Chief of Department / Officer of the day
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Provide fire suppression, rescue operations and prevention services on any call for the department within the town and its mutual aid communities.
- Attend/teach training courses in firefighting and rescue operations.
- Perform general maintenance work in the upkeep of fire apparatus, equipment, fire station and property.
- Perform common duties such as snow removal, treating ice covered walkways, mowing, turnout gear washing, /inspection and apparatus checks and maintenance, keeping the station clean; truck bays, bathrooms, all floors, painting, when needed, computer work, issuing fire permits, assist in hose testing,
- 1 hour of in-house training daily
- Operate a personal computer, to produce reports
- Attend monthly training – 1st Wednesday of each month @ 18:00 hrs.
- Attend Monthly Meeting last Wednesday of each month @ 18:00 hrs.
- Perform public education and fire prevention in house and schools as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Please send resume to;
Paris Fire Department
137 Western Avenue
Paris, Maine 04281
Att: Chief Blaquiere
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds