The Town of Lisbon is currently seeking a part-time Transfer Station Attendant to perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled jobs. This position assists in the operation of the Town's Transfer & Recycling Center by providing guidance to the residents in the proper utilization of the facility and doing related work as required. The successful applicant must be dependable and possess the ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the superiors, co-workers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of Solid Waste and sanitary practices.
- Considerable knowledge in the operation of compacting equipment.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work long hours in adverse weather and under adverse working conditions.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
This position works a varying schedule, up to 20 hours per week. Part-time is at least for Friday and Saturday and one other day in the two weeks.
Our operation hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 7:00 - 4:15 Thursday 6:00 - 12:15, Saturday 6:45-3:15
Full job descriptions and applications can be found at https://www.lisbonme.org/home/pages/jobs.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application to
300 Lisbon Street
Lisbon, ME 04250
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds