Department: District Attorney Job Title:
Classification: Union /Hourly Office Hours: 7:30am-4:30pm
Starting Salary: $17.00 Total Hours: Full-Time Position 40hrs.
The Receptionist/Discovery/Juveniles Clerk works directly under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant and the District Attorney’s designee. The Receptionist/Discovery/Juveniles Clerk is primarily responsible for answering the telephone, maintaining juvenile records and sending out discovery.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing all discovery to be sent to attorneys or defendants after approval by the District Attorney/Assistant District Attorneys
- Responsible for entering into the computer all Juvenile summons and reports received from police departments for review by the Assistant District Attorneys
- Responsible for typing juvenile petitions and/or complaints, obtaining criminal records and motor vehicle records, typing subpoenas, preparing motions and other legal documents to be filed in the courts.
- Responsible for making sure juvenile arraignment files and hearing lists are prepared and kept up to date for Assistant District Attorneys and making sure witnesses and officers are notified of trials
- Responsible for keeping track of probation violation files, motions to amend probation, and motion day
- Responsible for answering telephone calls, general filing, and operating all office equipment.
- Responsible for creating Traverse and Grand Jury lists.
Must be proficient in the use of computer programs and case management systems; must be able to work in a fast-paced office with minimum supervision; must have a high degree of independence, be self-motivated and have the ability to work well independently; must have good understanding of court procedures and the Criminal Justice System; and must be able to deal effectively and pleasantly with a diverse public.
Working Conditions and Job Hazards:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform some of the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time answering calls, typing, and doing the day-to-day tasks of the office; must be able to lift boxes of files weighing approximately 30 lbs. and carry them into and out of the courtroom; must be able to stand on step stool to file on 7 tier vertical files.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please visit Somerset County website at https://www.somersetcounty-me.org/jobs.html to complete an online application.
Resumes will NOT be considered without being accompanied by a Completed Application.
Applications will be taken until qualified candidate is found.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds