Request for Proposals
Casco Town Beach Erosion Mitigation and Improvement Project
INFORMATION FOR BIDDERS
Town Beach Erosion Mitigation and Improvement Project
BIDS will be received by the Town of Casco, (herein called the "Town"), at the Town Manager’s
Office located in the Casco Town Hall at 635 Meadow Road, Casco, Maine 04015 until 4:30
p.m. April 3, 2023.
Bidders may submit their proposals electronically by emailing their proposal to Anthony Ward,
Town Manager (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name of the Proposer, and project name
(“Town Beach Erosion Mitigation and Improvement Project”) in the subject line or by submitting
in sealed packages labeled “RFP: Town Beach Erosion Mitigation and Improvement Project. Attn:
Anthony Ward, Town Manager” via USPS, UPS or FedEx to the following mailing address: 635
Meadow Road, Casco, Maine 04015. All proposals shall remain open to acceptance for thirty (30)
days from their opening.
General Contract Specifications
1. All excavation, restoration, construction, materials and maintenance of traffic control shall
adhere to Maine Department of Transportation and Town of Casco specifications. If there are
conflicting requirements, the stricter shall apply.
2. Contractor shall provide the Town of Casco a construction schedule containing the construction
sequence and the estimated time required to complete the project.
3. The Contractor will be required to comply with all conditions stated in the attached General
Permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps), which is attached to this RFP.
4. Contractor shall be responsible for contacting Dig Safe and non-Dig Safe utility operators as
required by law.
5. The Contractor must be certified by the Maine DEP in erosion control practices and provide
the Town with the Contractor’s certification number.
6. All improvements included in the project shall have a one-year warranty. The contractor will not
be required to hold any retainage funds.
7. Awarded bidder shall enter into agreement (attached) and provide the required insurance
certificate per the agreement.
8. Anything not otherwise specified that is necessary to complete the project as specified shall be
9. The Town of Casco reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids received, waive
informalities, and award the contract to the lowest responsible bidder, with or without
consideration of Bid Alternates.
10. The Town of Casco may make such investigations as it deems necessary to determine the ability
of a bidder to perform the work and bidders shall furnish to the Town all such information and
data for this purpose as the Town may request. The Town reserves the right to reject any bid if
the evidence submitted by, or investigation of, a bidder fails to satisfy the Town that such bidder
is properly qualified to carry out the obligations of the Agreement and to complete the work
11. No interpretation of the meaning of the plans, specifications, or other documents relating to this
project will be made to any bidder orally. Every request for such interpretation should be in
writing, addressed to Anthony Ward, Town Manager, Town of Casco, Maine, 635 Meadow
Road, Casco, Maine 04015 (email: email@example.com) and to be given consideration, must
be received at least four (4) business days prior to the date fixed for the opening of bids (by
March 28, 2023). Any and all such interpretations and any supplemental instructions will be in
the form of written addenda to the specifications which, if issued, will be emailed, with return
receipt requested, to all prospective bidders, at the respective addresses furnished for such
purposes, no later than two (2) business days prior to the date fixed for the opening of bids (by
March 30, 2023). Failure of any bidder to receive any such addendum or interpretation shall
not relieve any bidder from any obligation under its bid as submitted.
General Description of Work
Scope of Work/Project Information
The work for the Town Beach Erosion Mitigation and Improvement project shall consist of,
but not be limited to:
• the complete and satisfactory re-grading of approximately 1,750 square feet between the
NHWL of Pleasant Lake and Mayberry Hill Road to reduce the slope of this high use area
to a gradual 12H:1V slope.
• removing an existing temporary erosion control barrier, and constructing a new 56 foot long
retaining wall along the Mayberry Hill Road fence line at the upland edge of the newly
regraded slope. Project plans are included with this RFP.
• Installation of four foot-wide infiltration steps leading from the adjacent picnic area to the
newly regraded area to direct foot traffic to the newly graded area for access to the water.
• Revegetating all disturbed areas with sod. Provide monitoring of sod for a period of sixty
(60) days following completion of the project and replace sod that has failed or is not thriving.
• Perform all other incidentals as described in the specifications.
Time Limit/Completion of Work
• The project must be complete by no later than May 31, 2023.
Permit/Erosion and Sediment Control
• The contractor is required to follow all terms specified in the Corps permit as well as Maine
Department of Environmental Protection (MEDEP) standards for Erosion and Sediment
• The contractor must take all necessary measures to ensure that its activities or those of its
agents do not result in measurable erosion of soil on the site during the construction of the
For More inforamtion contact Town Manager Anthony Ward at (207) 627-4515 ext. 201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds