The Lisbon Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for a Patrol Officer position, who are motivated to make a difference in the lives of others and our community while working in an organization that values Integrity, Respect, and Compassion for all.
Town of Lisbon offers a competitive salary with starting pay July 1st 2023 with no experience at $26.01/hour (Entry is $27.02 with education and Military Stipend). We also offer Lateral pay for existing police officers up to $30.28 with education and Military stipends. A progressive benefits package with options of health, dental, vision, life insurance and short-term disability insurance, educational stipends, military stipends, Instructor stipends and Maine State Retirement plan at 25-years of service at 2/3rds pay retire at any age. ICMA retirement is also available. The department has various opportunities to get involved in, such as Firearms Instructor, MARC Instructor, Less Lethal instructor, RAD Instructor, Simunitions Instructor, SRO Instructor, and we also have advancement opportunities to now include MDEA position and we are bringing our K9 program back after the passing of our former K9 Moxie this year.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age or 20 years of age with 60 college credits.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Pass the MCJA ALERT Test prior to interview date is preferred and for a list of upcoming dates, please contact MCJA @207-877-8000. (non-certified officers)
- Pass the MCJA Physical Fitness Test prior to interview date is preferred, but not required. (non-certified officers)
- Have a valid Maine driver’s license, or the ability to obtain one within 30 days after the employment start date.
- Must not have an extensive traffic record, or any criminal record that would result in ineligibility to obtain a certificate from the Maine Criminal Justice Academy (MCJA).
Preference may be given to candidates who are certified law enforcement officers, have post secondary education or prior military experience, or those who have successfully completed all phases of the Maine Law Enforcement Pre-Service Training Program. Successful candidates will have to pass an extensive background investigation, to include a psychological, polygraph, and medical examination. Please direct all questions regarding the position to Chief of Police Ryan McGee at (207) 353-2500 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application to:
Human Resource Director
300 Lisbon Street
Lisbon, ME 04250
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds