The Town of Lincoln, Maine is seeking a qualified person to be our next
Chief of Police
Performs a variety of complex administrative, supervisory and professional work in planning, coordinating and directing the activities of the Police Department. Exercises supervision over all police directly /or through subordinate supervisors.
Reviews department performance and effectiveness, formulates programs or policies to alleviate deficiencies; is responsible for the efficient operation of the police department through control of activities, the determination of departmental procedures, the planning of departmental work priorities and goals, the implementation of programs and the training, assignment and supervision of all department members. The Police Chief consults with the Town Manager in determining plans and policies to be observed in the conduct of police operations. Except for general administrative directives, the Police Chief works independently in supervising the police department functions. Work is reviewed by the Town Manager through discussions on problems and program.
- Maine commissioned officer or able to be commissioned within six months
- Firm grasp of municipal law enforcement methods and willingness to adapt to evolving standards and practices in accordance with community needs and expectations
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with elected officials, business and community leaders, advisory boards, the news media, and general public
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to inspire credibility and public trust and interact respectfully with citizens.
- Skilled in identifying, developing, and collaborating with high-quality staff to achieve effective and efficient service delivery
- Ability to attract and retain a staff of sworn and civilian employees that reflects the community
- Leads as a positive role model for customer service, ethical behavior, transparency, dispute resolution, and problem-solving, fostering a culture that values and respects all members of the team and the community
- Have strong and transparent communication skills with an open-minded attitude towards problem solving
- Recruiting and training are an integral part, and it is imperative to have a leader who is skilled in these areas
- 10 years of law enforcement experience with 5 years of supervision and management experience
- Applications should include five references that we may contact and give salary expectation.Eventual Lincoln residency is expected. This position will remain open until filled.
Send applications to Rick Bronson,
Town Manager 29 Main Street, Lincoln, Me 04457 or by email to email@example.com
Lincoln is an EEOC employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds