Request for Proposal
The Town of Clinton invites bids to provide Municipal Bookkeeping. This contract is responsible for municipal accounting services including general ledger, bank reconciliations, financials reporting, and pre-audit assistance. Work is performed under the supervision of the Town Manager.
The Town of Clinton is a rural farming community located along I-95 approximately 15 minutes north of Waterville and 45 minutes south of Bangor. The 2020 census population is 3,800 and is a Town Meeting-Selectboard-Town Manager form of government and has a recently revised Town Charter. Our 2022-23 municipal operating budget is $3,334,148, with a proposed 8.7% increase to $3,622,959 for the next FY pending town meeting vote. In addition, we have several reserve accounts, trust/investment funds, and federal grant funding.
Scope of Services:
- Bank Reconciliation
- General Ledger
- Financials Reporting
Requirements of Work:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and procedures, particularly as applied to governmental accounting.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to exercise judgment and initiative in analyzing and evaluating accounting problems and in developing or recommending modifications and improvements in existing account procedures.
- Ability to analyze cash flow and investments.
Ability to perform complex accounting work accurately and rapidly.
Training and Experience Required:
- Considerable experience in bookkeeping and accounting procedures of a progressively responsible nature involving a complete computer system.
- High school graduation or equivalency including or supplemented by two years of a course in accounting and general commercial subjects, or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Trio software is desirable.
- Experience in municipal, school, or non-profit booking a plus.
Payment Schedule-Payments will be placed on the treasurer’s warrant schedule for the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Insurance Certificate- Provide the Town of Clinton with a current Certificate of Liability Insurance.
Terms of Agreement: The terms of the agreement will begin July 1, 2023, and go on through June 30, 2024.
Sealed bids must be received no later than Tuesday, May 30th, 2023, at 4:45 p.m. at Clinton Town Office, 27 Baker Street, Clinton, Maine 04927
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds