The Town of Lisbon is currently accepting applications for a full-time Firefighter position. Successful applicant will be responsible to plan, organize, direct, and control fire/rescue functions within applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations and will respond to emergency fire, rescue, and medical incidents. Employees of this class provide support functions, including vehicle and equipment maintenance, emergency response, recording and reporting duties. A full job description is available upon request.
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Have a High School diploma or GED
• Must reside within the requirements of the Town’s personnel policy.
• Possession of current in good standing State of Maine driver’s license.
• Possess a current, and maintain an active State of Maine EMT license.
• Possession of Maine Firefighter I or equivalent
• Pump operations or equivalent
• Haz-Mat Operations in accordance with OSHA regulations
• Meets NIMS requirements for firefighters
• Ability to pass medical screening and be fit tested to wear N95 respirators and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus masks.
• Ability to successfully pass a background investigation, and medical screening prior to employment and thereafter in intervals determined by the Lisbon Fire Department
• Experience in dealing with the public, good communication skills and computer skills strongly preferred.
• Firefighter II or equivalent
• Fire Instructor I or equivalent
• Fire Officer I or equivalent
• Residence within the Town of Lisbon
This position is a 40-hour-a-week position, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm but possible to change the schedule after July 1st.
The Town of Lisbon offers an excellent benefits package; which includes paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, optional life, dental, vision, and income protection insurance, and a choice of retirement plans. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply please submit an employment application, cover letter, and resume to:
Town of Lisbon, 300 Lisbon Street, Lisbon, ME 04250
Employment applications are available at www.lisbonme.org or at the Town Office.
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds