Cumberland County government situated in Portland, Maine seeks a dynamic individual to fill a professional level position as Director of Regional Assessing in it's assessing office.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
Directing, planning, and organizing the work of the assessing department in order to ensure municipal properties are assessed in compliance with state law, and applicable regulations.
Managing the Assessing department staff, including regular performance evaluations, oversight of staff activities, and administration of all staff duties.
Performing on-site inspections of land and buildings in order to gather data related to location, value, use, and building characteristics. Appraisal and evaluation of properties.
The individual selected for this vital role will:
- Possess seven to ten years of directly related experience in real estate, municipal assessing, or residential and commercial construction;
- hold a current Maine assessor certification (CMA) or be on track to earn it in the first 6 months of employment;
- hold a Bachelor's degree in a closely related field;
- hold a valid State of Maine driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire;
- demonstrate knowledge of principles and practices of appraisal and tax assessing as applied to the determination of land, building and personal property values for tax purposes;
- demonstrate knowledge of applicable laws and regulations;
- demonstrate the ability to recognize and analyze factors influencing the value of properties and to analyze and interpret laws, ordinances, rules and regulations;
- demonstrate strengths in math, organization and frequent interaction with the public.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking to use your experience to lead a great team with a top-notch employer, we look forward to seeing your application!
Cumberland County offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and is proud of its talented and dedicated workforce. Come join our team and culture of engaged employees. Our strong management team is dedicated to providing employees with inspiring leadership, a positive and friendly workplace, support, encouragement and the necessary tools for success. We offer tuition reimbursement, wellness program, and professional development and training opportunities.
This position is 40 hours per week, with a full benefits package. Pay is commensurate with experience, with a range of $108,971 to $123,052 per year.
Cumberland County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds