Nature of the Work:
To operate, monitor, maintain, and trouble-shoot the wastewater treatment facility and its processes. Work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of plant operations, compliance with state and federal operating regulations, and underground sewer system. Work is performed with considerable independence under the direction of the Chief Operator, subject to review through reports and results achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and lab testing required to maintain compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, and sludge management.
- Perform maintenance and repairs of the treatment plant and pump stations and all of their components.
- Assist in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery.
- On call to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pump stations. Conduct the necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotating basis.
- Perform all work in conformance to Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
- Maintain open communications with the Chief Operator regarding the treatment process, operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
- Be able to perform and document various tests required by State and Federal agencies for the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Perform daily checks of the wastewater treatment process and periodic checks of pump stations.
- Have a working knowledge of the operation, methods and procedures of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Have a working knowledge of the machinery used for wastewater treatment and pumping stations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
- Have a working knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repair.
- Have a thorough knowledge of electrical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct electrical malfunction.
- Have a basic knowledge of State and Federal rules governing wastewater discharges and worker’s safety.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- At least a grade 1 Maine Wastewater Operators License or the ability to attain one within a year.
- Computer Skills
- Grounds maintenance
- Good communication skills
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a drug screening
- Full background check and driving record check
For questions or more information please contact Assistant Superintendent Philip Tucker; email@example.com
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds