Location: Remote Access – Live Webinar via ZOOM
Time: 9:00am start time; end time TBD
Cost: MTCCA Member: $60; Non-Member: $80
Presenters: Patti Dubois, City Clerk, City of Waterville; Julie Flynn, Deputy Secretary of State, State of Maine
This training, State Elections Title 21-A, is a class that covers all aspects of administering state and federal elections on the municipal level.
Topics to be covered in the workshop include:
- Election officials and their various duties
- The process for opening the voting place
- Use of the Central Voter Registration system for election duties
- Preparing for Election Day
- Responsibilities for posting the Notice of Election
- Conducting absentee voting
- Voting place layout
- Election day duties and related responsibilities of the Clerk and others
- Accessible voting
- Procedures for closing the voting place
- Tabulating results
Clerks who have never conducted an election before are strongly encouraged to attend this workshop.
Each participant should have available a copy of the “Voter Registration and Elections Manual”. If you do not have one, contact the Elections Division at 624-7650 or email@example.com.
*Registrants will receive their Zoom registration, including meeting details and the link to access the webinar on Tuesday, October 12th.
Cancellations for MTCCA Webinars:
Cancellation notification must be provided in writing at least 3 business days before the session begins in order to avoid a financial penalty. Cancellations received within that 3 day window will be charged a $15 cancellation fee. Please visit http://www.memun.org/TrainingResources/WorkshopsTraining/Cancellations.aspx or email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel. If you have any questions please contact the Educational Services Office at (800) 452-8786 or (207) 623-8428.