Location: Remote Access – Live Webinar via ZOOM
Cost: Complimentary for MMA Members
Presenters: Attorneys and staff from the MMA Legal Services and Communication and Educational Services Departments
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is a “must” for newly elected and veteran officials-councilors & selectpersons-as well as a wonderful opportunity to learn key points of your new position while networking with officials from around the state. (Qualifies as Maine FOAA Training.)
A perfect opportunity for elected officials to take advantage of the expertise that the Maine Municipal Association has to offer, attain a better understanding of their role as public officials, and stay abreast of ever-changing local government responsibilities and issues.
Frequently Asked Questions:
• What are our rights and duties as officials?
• Can we hold multiple offices?
• Which of our meetings are open to the public?
• Must we have an agenda and take minutes?
• What ordinances can we enact?
• What are our liabilities and immunities?
• What is a disqualifying conflict of interest?
*Registration for this webinar will close promptly at 9:00am on Wednesday, June 10th. Registrants will receive their Zoom registration, including meeting details and the link to access the webinar, after the registration period closes.
Questions about setting up your MMA eBusiness account? Click here